Board of Landscape Architecture
Licnesee Continuing Education Requirements
Biennial License Renewal Fee
Landscape Architect = $305*
Business Entity = $455
* $5 Unlicensed Activity fee
Continuing Education Requirement
Licensed landscape architects are required to take 16 hours of continuing education during each biennium.
Core Course Requirement
All landscape architects must complete a 4-hour core course on the building code within 2 years of initial licensure. The Board considers the building code course part of the 16 continuing education hours required per biennium.
Advanced Course Requirement
Licensees are required to obtain a minimum of 2 hours of continuing education by completing an approved provider’s specialized or advanced course, approved by the Florida Building Commission, on the Florida Building Code, relating to the licensee’s respective area of practice for future renewals.
- The core course is a pre-requisite to the advanced course
- Please note that the core course is different from any advanced courses that may be offered
- One cannot be used in lieu of the other
- Licensees are advised to verify the course validity before attending the course