Electrical Contractors' Licensing Board
Licensee Continuing Education Requirements
Biennial License Renewal Fee
Specialty Electrical Contractors - Certified = $255*
Specialty Electrical Contractors - Registered = $105*
* Includes $5 Unlicensed Activity fee
Continuing Education Requirement
14 hours of board approved continuing education is required each biennium prior to the renewal period for both certified and registered contractors including:
- At least 7 hours of which are on technical subjects
- 1 hour on workers’ compensation
- 1 hour on workplace safety
- 1 hour on business practices and 1 hour of advanced course
Multiple license holders are required to complete the continuing education requirements only once each biennium.
Contractors who are engaged in alarm system contracting must take a 2 hour false alarm prevention course as a part of their continuing education.