Board of Architecture and Interior Design
Licnesee Continuing Education Requirements
Biennial License Renewal Fee
Architect = $125*
Interior Designer = $125*
Business Entity = $125*
* Includes $5 Unlicensed Activity fee
Continuing Education Requirement
Both architects and interior designers are required to complete 20 hours of educational instruction or training, in subjects or courses approved by the Board, each biennium prior to the license expiration date.
- A minimum of 16 hours must be in technical and professional subjects related to safeguarding life, health, property and promoting the public welfare.
Core Course Requirement
All architects and interior designers must complete a 4-hour core course on the building code within 2 years of initial licensure. The Board considers the building code course part of the 20 continuing education hours required per biennium.
Advanced Course Requirement
Licensees are required to obtain a minimum of 2 hours of continuing education by completing an approved provider’s specialized or advanced course, approved by the Florida Building Commission, on the Florida Building Code, relating to the licensee’s respective area of practice for future renewals.
- The core course is a pre-requisite to the advanced course.
- Please note that the core course is different from any advanced courses that may be offered.
- One cannot be used in lieu of the other.
- Licensees are advised to verify the course validity before attending the course.